ALONGE OLATUNBOSUN OLAWOYE
- Qualifications: BSc., MSc., PhD., PGD Ed.
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Telephone: No Record Found
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: No Department Name
- Profile Hit: 142
Dr. Alonge is a seasoned lecturer and researcher with expertise in the fields of biology, microbiology, pharmaceutical microbiology, and microbial biotechnology. He obtained a doctorate degree in biological sciences from the Russian State Agrarian University Moscow, in 2013. In 2007 and 2012, he obtained his Master’s degree and Post Graduate Diploma in Education respectively, also from the Russian State Agrarian University Moscow.
Having completed his compulsory youth service in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation in 2008, Dr. Alonge has gone on to lecture in a couple of universities in Nigeria and abroad, and served in various administrative capacities as Head of Department, Member of Senate, Examination Officer, Departmental SIWES Coordinator, Chairman and Member of various committees garnering valuable experience and contributing immensely to the development of science and education.
Dr. Alonge is versatile, dynamic, results-driven; and a great communicator, who is fluent in both English and Russian languages.
· Member – Nigerian Society for Microbiology
· Member – International Union of Soil Science
· Member – Soil Science Society of Nigeria
1. Alonge O.O., Vasenev I.I., Selitskaya O.V., (2013). Effect of bio-preparation «Pseudomin» on the biological activity and ecological state of oil contaminated cultivated sod-podzolic soils under different soil moisture conditions. Agrochemical Herald. 1:5-9.
2. Alonge O.O., Vasenev I.I., (2016). “Ecological evaluation of the effects of different soil moisture conditions on the efficacy of Pseudomin in the bioremediation of diesel fuel contaminated derno-podzoluivisolic soil”, International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology Research. 6(2):232-235.
3. Alonge O.O., (2016). “Analysis of the phytotoxic effects of diesel fuel contaminated derno-podzoluivisolic soils on plants and the impact of biopreparation pseudomin in detoxification under different soil moisture conditions”, International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology Research. 6(3):370-372.
4. Alonge O.O., (2016). “Bioremediation of transmission oil contaminated derno-podzoluivisolic soil under different soil moisture conditions using Pseudomonas putida”, Journal of Tropical Biosciences. 11:31-36
5. Alonge O.O., (2016). “Comparative evaluation of the efficacy of Pseudomonas putida in the bioremediation of diesel fuel contaminated derno-podzoluivisolic soil of different horizons”, Global Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences. 22(2):129-133. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4314/gjpas.v22i2.1
6. Alonge O.O.; Ogbaga C.C.; Mairami F.M., (2017). Phytotoxic analysis of the impact of transmission oil contaminated soil on germination and growth of Oat (Avena sativa) seedlings under different soil moisture conditions. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences. 23(2):249-253. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4314/gjpas.v23i2.5
7. Alonge O.O.; Famakinwa T.O.; Matouke M.M., (2017). Perspectives of bioremediation as a panacea for ecological pollution. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences. 23(2):377-381. DOI https://dx.doi.org/10.4314/gjpas.v23i2.19
8. Alonge O.O., (2017). “Biological Science: Has it contributed to world peace or war?” P. 32-39. In: Jelilov G. & Ile O. J. (Editors). Peace and development (Dialogue Series, Edition I). Enugu, Nigeria: Rossen Publications Ltd. ISBN: 978-978-49183-0-5
9. Sadiya Atiku, Chukwuma C. Ogbaga, Olatunbosun O. Alonge, Onyinye F. Nwagbara, (2018). Comparative study on the physicochemical and bacteriological qualities of some drinking water sources in Abuja, Nigeria. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences. 24(1):91-98. DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/gjpas.v24i1.11
10. Alonge O.O.; Auwal B.M.; Aboh M. I. (2019). Bacterial contamination of toilet door handles on Baze University campus, Abuja Nigeria. African Journal of Clinical and Experimental Microbiology. 20(1):35-41. DOI https://dx.doi.org/10.4314/ajcem.v20i1.5
1. Alonge O.O., Fedulova E.A. (2011). The effect of bio-preparation «Pseudomin» on the biological activity of oil contaminated sod-podzolic soils under different soil moisture conditions” Young Scientist Environmental Forum. Moscow State University of Environmental Engineering: Collection of Thesis. – Moscow: MC «Timiryazev» Publishing House. – P. 1-2.
2. Vasenev I.I., Selitskaya O.V. Alonge O.O. (2012), Effect of biological preparation «Pseudomin» under different regimes of soil moisture on the biological activity of oil contaminated Black soils. International Scientific Conference of Young Scientists and Specialists of the Russian State Agrarian University - MTAA named after K.A. Timiryazev: Collection Of articles, Volume 1. – Moscow: RSAU-MTAA Publishing House. – P. 101-105.
3. Liapina O.S., Alonge O.O. (2012). Ecological and microbiological basis for bioremediation of oil contaminated soils // International scientific conference of students, postgraduates and young scientists "Lomonosov-2012": Collection of Thesis – Moscow: Moscow State University Press, 2012. – P. 172-173.
4. 2nd National Biosafety Conference (2016). “Biosafety, Food Security and Economic Development”. National Biosafety Management Agency, Abuja.
5. Ufuk Dialogue Foundation Symposium (2016). “Peace and Development Dialogue Series I”. Nile University, Abuja.
6. O. O. Alonge, F. I. Wakkala, C. C. Ogbaga and K. A. Akindele, "Bacterial analysis of barbecued meat (Suya) from selected locations within Abuja, Nigeria," 2017 13th International Conference on Electronics, Computer and Computation (ICECCO), Abuja, Nigeria, 2017, pp. 1-5. doi: 10.1109/ICECCO.2017.8333340
7. C. C. Ogbaga, F. A. Nuruddeen, O. O. Alonge and O. F. Nwagbara, "Phytochemical, elemental and
proximate analyses of stored, sun-dried and shade-dried baobab (Adansonia
digitata) leaves," 2017 13th International Conference on
Electronics, Computer and Computation (ICECCO), Abuja, Nigeria, 2017, pp.
8. 3rd National Biosafety Conference (2017). “Biosafety, Paving the way for Safe and Sustainable Environmental Management, Agricultural Development and Economic Recovery”. Nile University, Abuja.
|PhD.||PhD. Biological Sciences||2013|
|Module Code||Module Description||Credit Unit|
|MCB202||Microorganisms, Infectious and Immunity (General Microbiology)||3|
|MCB203||Laboratory Methods in Microbiology|
|MCB406||Virology and Bacteriology||3|
While I have a number of research ideas, my primary research interest is in the area of bioremediation of contaminated soil and water. This includes: Isolation and identification of hydrocarbon oxidizing microorganisms indigenous to Nigeria soils, for the clean-up of crude oil contaminated soil and water; optimizing the best conditions for the successful implementation; and completion of the bioremediation process in all regions and weather conditions of Nigeria; developing special biological preparations of a single / consortium of hydrocarbon oxidizing microorganisms; and establishing optimal conditions to improve the microbial enhanced oil recovery (MEOR) process in the oil industry.