HEZEKIAH OGO AGOGO PHD
- Qualifications: Ph.D.
- Role Title: Lecturer /HOD
- Telephone: +2348121663024
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: No Department Name
- Profile Hit: 265
I hold a Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) in Chemical Engineering from Federal University of Technology Owerri.Â Upon graduation I worked with Worley Parsons Nigeria for a period of one year before pursuing further studies. I completed a Mastersâ€™ degree in Advanced Process Engineering from Loughborough University, UK 2009. I enrolled for PhD in Chemical Technology in Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid Spain which I completed with honors in July 2013. I am a member of several professional bodies such as Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Chemical Society of Nigeria (CSN), and Institute of Chemical Engineers (ICHEME). I speak English and Spanish fluently.
- Prepared Course outlines and delivered lectures to undergraduates.
- Prepared research proposals to solicit grants to carry out innovative and developmental research.
- Participated in research collaborations for articles and publications. Mentoring programme for undergraduates.
Presently my research interest is centered on renewable energy and environmental management (waste water treatment and sanitation). These are areas that are of immense to third world or developing countries as well as developed nations. Renewable energy will provide a viable alternative to the power generation problems that has plagued many developing countries. Developing alternative energy sources will bring about the desired development and industrialization that will allow Africa emerge on the world economic scene. Hence any technology developed that can meet this need of energy will be encouraged and sought after as it presents a solution to a problem.
Another research interest is in waste management and water treatment, this relates with the welfare and health of the community. It is said in many circles that â€˜Health is Wealthâ€™. The wealth of a community/country cannot and should not be compromised; using technology to improve the well-being and general hygiene in developing countries has to be explored. The prevention and containment of basic bacterial and viral diseases associated with poor hygiene will allow infrastructural development and general progress of these developing countries. I believe in applying science to provide solutions to problems associated with the existence of the life.
JournalsÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Hezekiah Agogo, Sergey Semenov, Ramon G. Rubio, Victor Starov and Manuel G. Velarde Evaporation of sessile water droplets: Universal Behaviour in Presence of Contact Angle Hysteresis, Journal of Colloids and Surfaces A Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects (2011) Volume: 391, Issue: 1-3, Publisher: Elsevier B.V., Pages: 135-144.
- Hezekiah Agogo, Sergey Semenov, Ramon G. Rubio, Victor Starov, Nina Kovaluchuk, Francisco Ortega and Manuel G. Velarde, Evaporation of Droplets of Surfactant Solutions, Langmuir, (2013) 28, Pages 10028-10036.
- Hezekiah Agogo, Sergey Semenov, Ramon G. Rubio, Francisco Ortega, Victor Starov and Manuel G. Velarde, Spreading and Evaporation of Surfactant Solution Droplets, Progress in Colloid and Polymer Science, 139, 2012, Pages 1-6.
- Victor Starov, Sergey Semenov, Anna Trybala, Adaora Okoye, Hezekiah Agogo, and Ramon G. Rubio, Evaporation Kinetics of Sessile Droplets of Aqueous Nano-suspensions of Inorganic Nanoparticles, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 30, Aug 2013, Pages 49-57.
- Shear Rheology of Interfaces: Micro Rheological Methods, Alma. J. Mendoza, Rachel. C. JordÃ¡n, Fernando. M. Pedrero, Hezekiah O. Agogo, Ramon. G. Rubio , Francisco Ortega, Manuel. G. Velarde, Without Bounds: A Scientific Canvas of Nonlinearity and Complex Dynamics
- Hezekiah Agogo, Wetting and Evaporation of Complex Fluids, Thesis submitted to Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, May 2013.
ConferencesÂ Â Â
- Victor Starov, Sergey Semenov, Anna Trybala, Hezekiah Agogo, and Ramon G. Rubio (ECIS Sept 2012), Spreading and evaporation of sessile droplets of liquid: complete and partial wetting, role of kinetic effects.
- Hezekiah Agogo, Sergey Semenov, Ramon G. Rubio, Victor Starov Evaporation of sessile droplets of waterâ€“based surfactant solutions: experiments and computer simulations, (ECIS Sept 2012).
- Hezekiah Agogo, Sergey Semenov, Ramon G Rubio Victor Starov and Manuel Velarde Spreading and Evaporation Kinetics of Trisiloxanes, (Marie Curie Integrated Network Conference Gottingen, Germany, October 2011).
- Hezekiah Agogo, Sergey Semenov, Ramon G. Rubio, Francisco Ortega, Victor Starov and Manuel G. Velarde, Evaporation of super-spreader solution droplets: Effects of Concentration, Temperature and Relative humidity (SIS 2012, Edmonton Canada, 2012).
- Hezekiah Agogo, Sergey Semenov, Ramon G. Rubio, Victor Starov, Spreading and Evaporation Kinetics of Surfactant Solutions, (Week of Science Instituto Pluridisciplinar UCM, Madrid, Spain September 2011).Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
|B.Eng.||B.Eng Chemical Engineering||2005|
|Module Code||Module Description||Credit Unit|
|CHM305||Physical Chemistry 2||3|
|CHM312||Industrial Chemical Technology||2|
|CHM433||Industrial Chemical Process 2||2|
|MCE309||Engineering Metallurgy I||2|
|PGE310||Introduction to Corrosion of Materials||3|
|PGE403||Petroleum Reservoir Engineering||3|
|PGE411||Principles of Plant Design I||3|
|PGE505||Chemical Engrg. Entrepreneur|
|PGE507||Refrigeration and Liquefaction||3|
|PGE511||Valve and Pipeline Design||3|