Asare, a Ghanaian by origin, is a Lecturer at the department of Physics, Baze
University, Abuja, Nigeria. He is also rounding off a doctorate degree in
Physics at the African University of Science and Technology (AUST), Abuja,
Nigeria. He received his BSc degree in Physics from the University of Cape
Coast (UCC), Ghana in 2009. He accepted an appointment to be a Teaching
Assistant in the Department of Physics in the same institution for a one year
period. Joseph was admitted into the School of Theoretical Physics at the
African University of Science and Technology (AUST), Abuja in the year 2010 on
full scholarship. He has been a Visiting Graduate Student Research Collaborator
at Princeton University, USA. He has written a number of research papers on flexible electronics and
attended a number of conferences including the ICTP Workshop on â€œRegional
Workshop on Materials Science for Solar Energy Conversionâ€, held at the iTHEMBA
Labs, Cape Town, South Africa in 2013 where he won the Best Contribution Prize.
He has an unusual insight in communicating and aiding the understanding of Physics
- Energy Physics
- Current projects in collaboration with the Department of Physics at the African University of Science and Technology are:
- Cold Welding Methods for Organic Light Emitting Diode Fabrication.
- Failure Mechanisms of Flexible Organic Solar Cell Structures under Bending.
- Bending of Pre-Buckled Organic Solar Cell.
- O. Oyewole, J. Asare, M. Z. Kana, A. Oberafo, and W. Soboyejo, â€œEFFECTS OF STRETCHING ON FLEXIBLE ORGANIC ELECTRONIC STRUCTURES,â€ Nigerian Materials Congress (NIMACON) Journal Publication, 2012.E. Nyankson, B. Agyei-Tuffour, J. Asare, E. Annan, E. R. Rwenyagila, D. S. Konadu, A. Yaya and D. Dodoo-Arhin;"NANOSTRUCTURED TiO2 AND THEIR ENERGY APPLICATIONS-A REVIEW", ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, VOL. 8 , NO. 10, OCTOBER 2013
- J. Asare, O. K. Oyewole, B. Agyei-Tuffour, M. Z. Kana, A. Oberafo, and W. Soboyejo, â€œDetermination of Layer Thickness in Flexible Organic Solar Cell by Optical Simulations and RBS Techniqueâ€, 7th International Conference of the Africa Materials Research Society, pg. 30, December 2013.
- J. Asare, O. K. Oyewole, B. Agyei-Tuffour, M. Z. Kana, A. Oberafo, and W. Soboyejo, â€œLayer thickness determination in flexible organic solar cells made of metal organic frameworksâ€, 1st Nigeria International Conference on Zeolite, pp. 73-77, December 2014.
- B. Agyei-Tuffour, E.R. Rwenyagila, J. Asare, O.K. Oyewole, M.G.Z. Kana, D.M. Oâ€™Carroll, et al., Influence of Pressure on Contacts Between Layers in Organic, Adv. Mater. Res. 1132 (2016) 204â€“216. doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.1132.204.
- O.K. Oyewole, D.O. Oyewole, J. Asare, Z.K.M. G, W.O. Soboyejo, FAILURE MECHANISMS IN LAYERS RELEVANT TO STRETCHABLE ORGANIC SOLAR CELLS, Adv. Mater. Res. 1132 (2016) 106â€“115. doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.1132.106.
- O.K. Oyewole, J. Asare, D.O. Oyewole, V.C. Anye, M.G.Z. Kana, W.O. Soboyejo, EFFECTS OF ADHESION AND STRETCHING ON FAILURE MECHANISMS AND OPTICAL PROPERTIES OF ORGANIC SOLAR CELLS, Adv. Mater. Res. 1132 (2016) 89â€“105. doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.1132.89
- D. Yu, O. K. Oyewole, D. Kwabi, T. Tong, V. C. Anye, J. Asare, E. Rwenyagila, A. Fashina, O. Akogwu, J. Du, and W. O. Soboyejo, â€œAdhesion in flexible organic and hybrid organic/inorganic light emitting device and solar cells,â€ J. Appl. Phys., vol. 116, no. 7, doi:10.1063/1.4892393, Aug. 2014
Oluwaseun Oyewole, Deying Yu, Jing Du, Joseph Asare, Vitalis Anye, Adebayo Fashina, Martiale Zebaze Kana, and Winston Soboyejo, Vol. 117 (2015), Journal of Applied Physics. doi:10.1063/1.4922665
- T M Tong, J Asare, E R Rwenyagila, V Anye, O K Oyewole, A A Fashina, W O Soboyejo. â€œA Study of Factors that Influence the Adoption of Solar Powered Lanterns in a Rural Village in Kenyaâ€ Perspectives on Global Development and Technology, Vol. 14 (2015) 448-491. doi 10.1163/15691497-12341356
A.A. Fashina, K.K. Adama, O.K. Oyewole, V.C. Anye, J. Asare, M.G. Zebaze Kana, et al., Surface texture and optical properties of crystalline silicon substrates, J. Renew. Sustain. Energy. 7 (2015) 063119. doi:10.1063/1.4937117.
- J. Asare, O.K. Oyewole, W.O. Soboyejo, DEFORMATION AND FAILURE OF BENDABLE ORGANIC SOLAR CELLS, Adv. Mater. Res. 1132 (2016) 116â€“124. doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.1132.116.
- J. Asare, O.K. Oyewole, V.C. Anye, D.Y. Momodu, W.O. Soboyejo, Effects of Deformation on Failure Mechanisms and Optical Properties of Flexible Organic Solar Cell Structures, Adv. Mater. Res. 1132 (2016) 125â€“143. doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.1132.125
- 8th International Conference of the Africa Materials Research Society, Africa Materials Research Society Conference, 2015. Venue: UG, LEGON, ACCRA, GHANA
- 14th International Union of Materials Research Societies- International Conference on Advance Materials (IUMRS-ICAM 2015). Venue: ICC Jeju, Korea
- 1st Nigeria International Conference on Zeolite: New Trends in Zeolite Developments and Applications, 2014. Venue: NICON Luxury Abuja, Nigeria
- IPF 2014: Capacity Building for Industrial Physics in Developing Economies Venue: The University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 7th International Conference of the Africa Materials Research Society, Africa Materials Research Society Conference, 2013. Venue: African Union Conference Center, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- ICTP Workshop- smr 2515; â€œRegional Workshop on Materials Science for Solar Energy Conversionâ€ Venue: iTHEMBA Labs (Laboratory for Accelerator Based Science), Cape Town, South Africa
- 11th ANNUAL NIGERIAN MATERIALS CONGRESS - NIMACON 2012â€ Venue: Ile-Ife, Nigeria
- â€œThe Second African School of Fundamental Physics and its Application - 2012â€ and â€œThe GRID Schoolâ€. Venue: KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana, West Africa â€œNIGERIAN MATERIALS CONGRESS 2011â€ Venue: Akure, Nigeria